It happens sometimes. With many people. Without any seeming reason, your ventures keep failing, you fall ill and are enveloped in gloom. No matter what you try, whichever way you go and however long you keep struggling, the miseries continue and all efforts remain fruitless. Consult your astrologer. You may have the deadly Kaalsarpa Yoga. Its malefic effects will make even a person with a high degree of Raj yoga and whose planets are placed in exalted positions suffer endlessly. Despite excellent shadbala, avasthas, degrees and ashtakvargas, they may face unexpected doom.
What is Kaalsarpa Yoga?
It occurs when all the seven main planets are encircled by Rahu and Ketu in a birth chart. Result: first a general slowdown. Then gradual loss of health, wealth, children, professional growth and other setbacks. Loss of mental peace and self-confidence, stress in business and jobs and an increase of enemies, and opponents.
Kaalsarpa Dosha is divided into two categories—ascending and descending. When all the planets line up facing Rahu’s mouth, it is termed Ascending Kaalsarpa Yoga. Descending Kaalsarpa Yoga is when they are situated behind Rahu. While the yoga can debilitate a person in all aspects, the flip side is that anyone who challenges it and industriously works hard to negate its effect is transformed into a confident, industrious personality whose performing capacity will be boosted manifold and who will rise to the top in life, provided other favourable yogas are present in his horoscopes.
Here are some remedies. You need to follow only one or two of the ones suggested.
1. Recite Om Namaha Shivayah daily.
2. Worship Shivalinga decorated with a copper snake every day.
3. Perform abhisheka on a Shivalinga daily with water and offer flowers and sandal paste for at least five years . Also, recite Rudrashtaka.
4. Get a silver swastika made which has small bronze snakes on both sides. Affix this tantra at an auspicious time or around 4 a.m. on the main door of your house. Non-Hindus may also use this tantra.
5. Recite Hanuman Chalisa every morning.
6. Offer prayers to Lord Shiva’s family.
7. Recite the Rahu Kavach Stotra daily. Or chant Rahu and Ketu mantra for a minimum of 108 times. These mantras are “Om bhrang bhim bhrong rahaveya namaha” and “Om keange ketave namah”.
8. On every Monday, bathe a metal idol of Lord Shiva using yoghurt and sandal powder while chanting Har Har Mahadev.
9. Fast on Nagpanchami day.
10. Donate pulses to beggars for 43 Wednesdays.
For all religions:
▪ Chant the holy names of the God you worship and sincerely offer regular prayers. Place a large impressive picture of Him or any holy place of worship you believe in.
▪ For Christians: a picture of Christ wearing a golden crown is advised and not of the crucified Christ.
▪ For Muslims: Recite the holy name of Allah 108 times each day. A poster of Mecca showing countless pilgrims would attract positive energy. Alternatively you may hang a picture of holy phrases from the Quran in your living area .
▪ For Sikhs: Place a poster depicting any of the holy Gurus inscribed with ‘Ek Onkaar’.
▪ Buddhists and Jains must keep the holy images of their Lords in the living area.
▪ Wash away a pair of snakes made of iron or bronze in a river.
▪ Immerse coal in any holy river on three occasions during the auspicious time.
▪ Start eating your meals sitting in your kitchen only.
▪ Feed birds and free caged birds for 40 days.
▪ Get a ring made of silver or eight metals to wear on the middle finger.
▪ Use blue hand kerchiefs, blue watchstraps and blue pens. Recite nav nag stotra daily for one year.
▪ Wear Lapiz Lazuli or Lajavrata in a silver amulet, its size according to the age and weight of the afflicted.
Article Published in Indian Express.